More cross-platform info needed - menus

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Sun May 14 21:47:39 EDT 2006

Hi Sarah,

> Mac users expect a "Quit" with the shortcut Command-Q.
> I think I am correct in thinking that Windows users expect "Exit".

Yes.  You are right.  Windows users do expect that.  There two
types of shortcuts though.  some programmers use alt + e and most
use alt + x.  The alt + F4 is a standard Windows sequence and applied
to any window (modal, document etc).  The system performs the
alt+F4 for you unless you code it to bypass this (not recommended).

> Preferences:

Preferences does fine.  Others used are "Program Settings", "User
Settings" -
heaps of them really.  I'd stick with Preferences...

I'm not a Linux person - though I found Mandrake (now Mandriva) to be
pretty
good for my purposes.

Scott