Getting the stack name

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 12 15:09:00 EDT 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 12:49 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Devin Asay wrote:
>> We know that stackfile names (the .rev file name) and stack names
>> are not always the same. Given the stackfile name, and after
>> opening the stackfile with a go stack command, is there a reliable
>> way to get the short name of the main stack? Is the name of a
>> newly opened stack ALWAYS on the first line of the result of the
>> openstacks function?
>
> Yes, I think so. But I haven't ever done a specific test for it.
>
>> What I really want is 'get the short name of the mainstack of
>> stackfile "/my/stack/path/stack.rev"'.
>> Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?
>
> You can refer to a stack by either its name or its filename, so it
> is legal to say:
>
>  get the short name of stack "/my/stack/path/stack.rev"

Ah, but the trick is I am trying to get the short name of a stack on
a remote server, and this doesn't work:

   get the short name of stack "http:/myserver.com/path/stack.rev"

I've been looking at the revLoadedStacks(application) function. It
looks like it may do what I need. This form excludes IDE stacks, and
as far as I can tell, each newly opened stack gets added to the end
of the list of results. Anyone know if this is always consistent?

devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University