zooming in on a displayed image ?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 12 05:39:10 EDT 2006

Hi from Paris,

First problem :

I have a .gif file that I display in an image, using a
button script (see below). The file displays correctly,
but it is reduced in size to fit my stack window (which,
in fact, is exactly what I wanted). However, it is too
small to see the fine print (it is a Census file). I would
sometimes like to zoom on it, and use a "hand" (as for
PDF files) to explore the image, but within my image
dimensions. Can this be done ?

Second problem :

My image has a "hide me" script which clears the
window, so I can display other .gif files. If I then
click on the same display button, my .gif file is
now displayed in full size (but obviously only a
part of it). Why is this ?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

BUTTON SCRIPT

on mouseUp
   global GVC1FileName -- Valid file name
   hide image "MyImage"
     set the filename of image "MyImage" to GVC1FileName
    -- put the formattedheight of image "MyImage" into GVHeight
    -- put the formattedwidth of image "MyImage" into GVWidth
     set the rect of image "MyImage" to 79,16,733,574  -- Window limits.
     show image "MyImage"
end mouseUp

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"