Send Keys

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Thu May 11 15:19:28 EDT 2006

On May 11, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Russ McBride wrote:

> You should be able to do whatever you need to do even with a
> recalcitrant target application because you can use the finder to
> start the app, and then brute force your way to domination of the
> application using the virtual keyboard and mouse controls.
>
> What are you doing exactly?

I am trying to create an app that works closely with another
application.  The other application is only partially UI scriptable
and does not Respond to System Event gui scripts when any dialogs are
open. Since a big part of what I am trying to do is automate dialogs
this is a pain.

The target application is already running and it may have a dialog
open when I begin my process.  So far I have found the only way to do
anything is to use mouse clicks.  This sucks!

How I yearn for something like QuickKeys but in Rev.

Todd

--

Todd Geist