The end of OS9 development

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 11 03:45:08 EDT 2006

On 5/11/06, Dan Shafer <revolutionary.dan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize for the curt sound of my "bite the bullet" message and all the
> counter-argument it generated here.

As one who is constantly amazed at the continual flow of HyperCard refugees
that popup on this list I provide my own calculation of when the death of
OS9 will be:

When you see the last reference on this list of someone who is looking for a
HC alternative or 'converting' a HC stack then punch the stop watch. Then
count the years,days and minutes to the last HC release - 1995 some time I
think.

With the result, add it to some time in 2002 - the year the QuickSilver G4's
came out. The early ones came with OS9, the later ones came with OSX.

So no earlier than 2013 if today was the last HC reference day.

Dan wrote:

> I'm another one who's happy to see OS 9 ride off into the sunset.

I'm sorry if I've made you sad Dan:-)