How to stop tabbing

Éric Miclo eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 9 15:38:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

I use this in the script of the field:

on tabKey
   -- maxTabs is one less than the number of columns
   put 2 into maxTabs
   set the itemDelimiter to tab
   put the selectedLine of me into cursorLine
   put the number of items in line (word 2 of cursorLine) of me  into
numberOfItems
   if last char of line (word 2 of cursorLine) of me is tab then add
1 to numberOfItems
   if numberOfItems > maxTabs then beep
   else pass tabKey
   set itemDelimiter to ","