The end of OS9 development

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue May 9 13:34:55 EDT 2006

My impression (also hearsay) was that the Rev team is using
*something else* besides CodeWarrior to create an OS9 version, it's
probably require major rewriting (and that's a lot harder than
importing a HC stack!) and that is the reason for the delays.

I would not assume that Codewarrior is the only game in town, nor
that Rev's silence about it would indicate that they have given up on
9. Not only have they the formidable task of rebuilding the app with
a new compiler, but also adding the new feature set and making sure
it's synchronized with the other platforms.

It has been announced by Rev enough times that their commitment to
the platform is not over and until they say otherwise, I'd bet
they'll keep their promise.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o