Enhancements in your opinion?

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Mon May 8 14:56:18 EDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:

(A wealth of information - See his post!)

---------------------------------------
Wow!
I asked for responses, and I got them! Thanks Richard!
Now give me a little time to digest the stuff I'm learning!

Regarding:-

"I don't know that the new message is needed, but I agree that a way to
have a menu item which closes a stack and re-opens it fresh (to trigger
the opening sequence of messages -- preOpenStack, preOpenCard,
openStack, openCard, etc.) would be handy."

- There are of course other ways in which this could be done, as I have
suggested in the past. For example, saving the current project itself as
a temp file and then provoking a revert at some point. However, it
strikes me that the idea of independent compiling and shelling would be
particularly easy to implement, avoiding the kinds of modifications
which might lead to bloat and further instability of the IDE. This could
be done with or without the idea of the new message.

Regards,
Bob