The end of OS9 development

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon May 8 13:25:11 EDT 2006

Jeffrey-

Sunday, May 7, 2006, 9:13:18 PM, you wrote:

> All my education applications will have to be delivered with OS9 apps
> for the next few years, its a fact i just cant get around. even the

...and therein lies the rub. Not only are there *very* few developers
still cranking out OS9 apps, but there are no development tools
currently shipping to produce them. If you haven't already got an old
version of CodeWarrior or a rev 2.6.1 OS9 engine or something similar
you're just not going to be making OS9 apps. And there's very little
incentive to do so, given the increasingly smaller market.

...and I don't expect any OS9 rev engines any more, since they were
built with CodeWarrior.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net