Popup problem under Windows

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 6 17:20:59 EDT 2006

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I have never used a mouseDown. I don't know if
it's any different from a mouseUp (simply because
when you click on the mouse, you have to release !).

I have copied popUp buttons which work and then
adjusted them (that was my first attempt !), and it
didn't work.  At first, I was sure that it was the
mousemenuButton which was the culprit, because
it clearly states that the value must be "0", otherwise
there are "unpredictable results", but I have tried
all values of MMB from 0 to 3, and nothing works.
It is strange also that the doc states that MMB must
be "0", but it is always generated (on the Mac) as "1",
and it works ..... on other popups !

When I execute my button script, the menu does
NOT popup, even if I repeat the mouseUp. However,
if I click on the menu ITSELF, it displays, I make a
selection, and then FROM THEN ON, when I execute
my button script, I get the menu displayed, but I don't
even have to click on a selection, the rest of the handler
runs to completion, and my player always plays the same
song (the one I selected when I clicked on the menu !)
I find this strange, to say the least.

In order to let you see the stack, I will have to strip
it down a little.  It uses external folders of data.
I can remove 95 % of the external files to reduce the
size. I'd be interested to see if it did the same thing
on someone else's Windows machine.

Best Regards

-Francis