Processes, anyone

Cal Horner calhorner at xtra.Co.NZ
Sat May 6 00:28:21 EDT 2006

With all the tenacity of a Pit Bull, I charge on. Trying to figure out why
the process related to a stand alone .exe stays in the Windows Task manager
list, even after the Stand alone if finished, closed and removed.

I decided to use the example "Employee Database" that was given out by
Revolution a few cycles ago.

1) I compiled it into an .exe
2) Ran the .exe.
3) Did the "Microsoft salute" to get the task manager on the screen.
4) There was the .exe in the applications list.
5) Select the processes tab - and hey presto, there is the .exe listed as a
process.
6) Click on the close (X) button of the window.
7) The app shuts down.
8) Back to the task manager applications window is empty.
9) Select the processes tab again.
10) There stands the .exe as a process.
11) Go through the whole process again from Go to woe.
12 Two copies of the .exe as a process.
13 And so it goes.

Has anyone else found this, or am I just paranoid?

Cal