Saving information with a standalone

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 00:38:35 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06 6:20 PM, "Arthur Urban" <aturban at qwest.net> wrote:

> I guess I misunderstood something about Rev Standalones, so I'll ask
> here to see where I went wrong. I was under the impression that if I
> changed the value of a Custom Property of an object during run-time, the
> new value was saved in the stack when the stack quit. This is most
> certainly not happening for me, even though I issue a 'save' command on
> exit. Did I miss something? Thanx!

 The key to a standalone is that it is compiled, and when running in any
operating system, its operating environment can be changed (as all programs
do) but the file on the HDrive cannot be modified.  You need to modify or
create other files (such as text files, images, binaries, stacks) or send
the data to another running program that will save it (such as SQL
databases, spreadsheets, cgi's on servers).

Richard Gaskin has some good info about this on his web site at Fourth
World.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas