splash screen before app loads -- sample script?

Erik Hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 19:38:48 EDT 2006

--- Phil Davis <davis.phil at comcast.net> wrote:

> One common way to handle this is to organize
> your app like this:
>
> - the main app consists of the engine & your
> splash screen stack only.
> This keeps the executable small so it opens
> quickly when the user starts
> the app.
>
> - the splash screen stack contains code that
> opens the 'real' main part
> of your app after the splash screen is visible.
>
> In this way of organizing your app's structure,
> the main part of your
> app is a separate stackfile from the engine
> part (the .exe or .app on
> Mac), but that doesn't cause any problems for
> execution. Many people on
> this list recommend it (myself included).

this has been covered many times but so far
not with actual code. could anyone give
a coded example? my apps all have volatile
cards & groups - they may me cut - so putting
"on startup" in a card or group script is
not a possibility. wait... maybe a group
dedicated to "on startup" that is never
deleted...

anyway, i never quite understood where the
splash stack went after splashing.
maybe some real code would make the general
statements clear.

thanks,

Erik Hansen

erik at erikhansen.org    http://www.erikhansen.org