splash screen before application loads

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Tue May 2 15:07:06 EDT 2006

Hi Viktoras,

One common way to handle this is to organize your app like this:

- the main app consists of the engine & your splash screen stack only.
This keeps the executable small so it opens quickly when the user starts
the app.

- the splash screen stack contains code that opens the 'real' main part
of your app after the splash screen is visible.

In this way of organizing your app's structure, the main part of your
app is a separate stackfile from the engine part (the .exe or .app on
Mac), but that doesn't cause any problems for execution. Many people on
this list recommend it (myself included).

Phil Davis