CSV and REV?

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Mon May 1 22:20:17 EDT 2006

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> Not a tutorial as such - but there was a long and fruitful discussion
> that can be found in the archives (June and July 2004, under the subject
> line "Another Revolution Success Story").
> My summary : If possible and practical, use TSV instead (tab separated
> values).
>
> If it needs to be CVS, then find this thread in the archives. There's
> code in there to handle the more common cases, and there was some
> discussion on just how weird and varied the different versions of "csv"
> can be. If you want to skip the discussion and go straight to the code -
> see Richard Gaskin's posting in that thread on July 1st 2004

Greetings Alex,

Thanks for all the info.  Yes, I'd prefer to simply use TAB delimited
files since it's much easier to deal with in Rev, but I will still need
to implement the ability to open and save COMMA delimited files too.

And it sounds like everything I need is in those threads, so thanks a
bunch :-)

-Garrett