Insert into back script logic

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 17:24:33 EST 2006

Hi, all,

I am asking this time since I don't have a moment to spare before Sat AM.

I want to implement a design change into a rather complex program that uses
one card in one stack.

The question:
Does the following
    insert the script of this card into back

mean that the card script at the card level will also be in the hierarchy
trapping messages as well as in the back, or

by inserting it into the back, this becomes its one-and-only position?

If there is a send "sumptin" to card 1, does this trigger twice?

More importantly, if I do the following:

insert the script of this card into back
get the script of this card
set the script of this card to "-"&"-New header installed" & cr & it

are there now two versions of the script or just the newest.

I hope the answer is that the 'back' insert command means that the script
container is simply positioned in a different order, like a routing table,
not 'copied'

One temporary solution I will try is to make a blank card 2 and do the
following

go card 2
insert the script of this card into back
go card 1
--therefore card 2 is not in the path, but I do want to consider changing
the card script from a distribution ftp server on-the-fly.

Thanks for saving me the time on a crunch Friday!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas