How do I remotely change the selectedText of a button and then save it?

William de Smet wdesmet at wanadoo.nl
Fri Mar 31 17:06:33 EST 2006

Hi there,

I have a btn "options" on card "test" of stack 'B' with 5 options from
1.1 to 1.5 .
On stack 'A' I have a 'check' button and I remotely try to change one
of the options and then save it. On the 'check' button I use:
on mouseUp
if field "score" = 5 then set the label of btn "options" of card
"test" of stack "B" to "1.2"
send mouseup to button "save" of card "test" of stack "B"
end mouseUp

On the 'save' button I use:
put the selectedtext of btn "options" into tData
put tData into field "options" of card "test" of stack A.

Of course the label is changed into "1.2" but field "options" of card
"test" of stack A is not and the options 1.1 to 1.5 are gone in btn
"options".
I am doing something wrong with the selected text and label in my code.
Can anyone help me please?

William de Smet