ODBC connection to MS SQL 2000 help needed

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Mar 31 14:26:52 EST 2006

Lynn-

Friday, March 31, 2006, 8:40:19 AM, you wrote:

> If you were to prioritize improvements to database access in Revolution,
> what would you want?

<g> Well, it's hard to find fault with stephen's response, but also...
to put it in a nutshell, I think the functionality should match the
marketing spiel.

I think my number one priority would be to rewrite the external
libraries so that odbc databases aren't opened in forward-only mode
and don't issue a new read command for each record. That's an absolute
killer for recordset manipulation - I've tried reading a recordset
into an array to deal with things that way and had to kill the process
after half an hour of disk churning. It probably works for small
databases, but anything past 4 figures of recordsets is unworkable.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net