OpenStack in Card 1

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 30 15:57:36 EST 2006

Hi Dave,

In the documentation, it clearly states that the OpenStack and
preOpenStack are sent to "the destination card" in the stack,
which will usually be card 1 (unless otherwise specified). So
your "remember" is correct. I had problems in this area before
I read the documentation (and this is a different action from our
old and loved HC). I put the scripts everywhere to make sure
they would be called, even using :

  on opencard
   openStack
  end openCard.

because I couldn't get consistent proof of "WHEN and WHY"
(this just shows how frustrated I became !)

I asked the famous Mr. Rinaldi (if he didn't know - who would !),
and he gave me an answer which I could not ALWAYS prove.
I asked questions about a month ago on this forum. I never got
a satisfactory answer. ("OpenStack ?",  March 04)

Now I use a HomeStack principle to send the OpenStack commands
to my called stack, solving the well known "uncertainty" principle
(sorry Mr. Heisenberg !) of  "WHEN is openStack executed ?"

Even today, I don't know (and now I don't care) because I found a
solution which is satisfactory to me !

Best

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"