OT: Apple at 30 - My Piece of the Big Fruit

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Mar 30 03:36:49 EST 2006

Wow.

What a fun 'blast from the past'!

I was about to choke on your description of the $10k IIci but then
remembered that our own first Mac -- a II plain and tall -- was a good $3k
on an edu discount ca 1989, and that a color monitor would have run us an
extra $600 US.  And that the 'upgrade' from 1 MB -> 2 MB RAM was more
than $100 US several years later (for the kiddies, that's more than the
pizza or two that $100 would buy today).

I also remember that not long after I played with a Newton at a computer
store and thought that I had died and gone to computer heaven.

Cost too much, of course, but, after it had been killed off (er,
'steved'), I just had to own one.  So I bought a MP 120 (Andrew: did I
give/sell this to you??? 'cuz I can't find it...), a 2100 and an emate.

They were AND STILL ARE wayyyy cool.

Where's that ParallelTime staircase again???

Judy