Big problem? I can't add a stack to a standalone in 2.7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 29 13:24:46 EST 2006

Dr. Robert E. Ball wrote:
> I recently upgraded from 2.5.1 to 2.7 and converted my stacks (after backing
> them up). Next, I added a new main stack to my application. However, when I
> attempted to build a new standalone that included the new 2.7 stack, I
> couldn't add it to the standalone in the "Standalone Application Settings".
> When I clicked on the "Add stack file" in the Stacks menu of the Standalone
> Application Settings, all of the 2.7 files were grayed out -- but not the
> 2.5.1 files. Seems to be a big bug in 2.7. Or am I missing something?

It's a bug; the inspector hasn't been updated yet (it's been reported
and will be fixed.) For now, you can add those files manually via a
short script or the message box:

    set the stackfiles of this stack to <whatever>

The "<whatever>" should be a list of stacks, one stack per line, with
two items in each line. The first item is the short stack name, and the
second item is a relative path to the stack file on disk. See the
"stackfiles" entry in the docs for specifics.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com