[OT] Platform-specific web page

Leland Jackson lelandj at mail.smvfp.com
Tue Mar 28 23:20:39 EST 2006

What I realized 7 or 8 years ago, is the Internet is the new OS in which
about all application will run.  I think other people around the world
are beginning to understand the change that is coming.  Microsoft may
still control the OS market share today, but I believe the Internet OS
will controls the future over which most all applications must
standardize and live.

All the other OS(s) like Unix, Solaris, Mac, Linux, and Windows will
have their own version of a web server, that will offer up the
applications, but the desktop computers, laptop computers, cell phones,
ipods, and other future web clients will be standardize, so a web
application will be accessible and run in the web OS, with all the web
hardware, networks, web languages, and web standards, across the board.
This will make all the other OS(s) like Windows, Linux, Mac, and Unix
less relevant, as the web applications will perform and look the same
regardless of which of these platforms is used.  The Internet, and its
tools, including the web based languages like Java, .Net, Perl, Php,
Python, Ruby, etc, and other coming languages and foundations, will
continue to evolve, so the application interface will  become more
robust, and the applications can be easily accessed using whatever
platform is chosen.

Regards,

LelandJ