Applescript? CORRECTION

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 21:11:33 EST 2006

I have not used the return of a value to the calling AppleScript program.  I
do use the following:
do codeString as Applescript

to send data to Excel, and also to ask Excel for data, but both originate in
Rev.

Someone on the list a few months ago was going to send me an example stack
about this, but I cannot remember who.

My solution if I had to program it tonight would be to use the
[trigger the appleevent miscdosc  executing a line...
send "revToApp" to me in 1000 millisecs

on revToApp
would fire and pass a global (which was set by a prev handler) to the target
app, like Excel.

I agree, this is a messy way of having to figure things out.  I keep
thinking I will get it all figured out someday, build an example stack, and
post it.  Funny how Applescript seems to become a quagmire of 'ok, I see
that, but how do you do this?'  For me, it often defies logic, even when you
see the solution.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas