Avoiding line cut-off in a multipage printout

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Mar 28 09:25:58 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:22:25 +0200, André Bisseret
<Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:

[Some very valuable stuff about the problem of multipage printing of
text]

André - this is just a preliminary 'thank you' for taking the trouble
to send your script and to comment on it. My French is not quite at
zero-level, but it needs all the help it can get! Anyway I am
studying your solution and I may ask you some questions about it
later on. I am interested in your 'orphan line' solution - this term
is also used in English by the way (we also have 'widowed' lines -
lignes veuves?? - which is the line before the orphan one,  left on
the previous page...)

Anyway, thanks again

Graham