Making the move...

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 02:14:32 EST 2006

Richard....

I agree that "merge" is very cool and quite powerful.

Still, I cannot put into a Web page:

Hello, there. The time is <% merge [[the time]] %> (regardless of the
dellimiter being used around the call) as I can with Ruby. The merge
operation would, I think, have to be included in the CGI generating the
entire text string above, right? Or am I really missing something obvious
here?

Again, as I said earlier, this may well be a distinction without a
difference when it comes to accomplishing what I'm pointing out as the main
advantage/feature of an MVC framework for Web development, namely the
(relatively) clean separation between presentation and business logic. I'm
not promoting Ruby, just trying to understand the qualitative difference in
using an embedded scripting language vs. a CGI approach.