Rev Media and the product line gap

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 19:43:46 EST 2006

I'm probably missing something here, but I *never* click on a window from
another app to make it active (OS X 10.4.5). I always use the Dock shortcut
Command-Tab to bring up the list of current apps in the center of the
screen, then tab or click on the app I want. I assume that still works in
Rev Media with the backdrop on, so the impact on me -- and on others who use
the same model -- is nil.

It feels like this inconvenience is pretty minor unless the user actually
moves the mouse to the dock, moves around to find the app s/he wants to use
and clicks on it. But, again, I've been doing this so long I have ingrained
habits that may be saving me from experiencing the inconvenience you
describe.

That said, I too am puzzled by the decision that leaving the backdrop on all
the time somehow makes Rev Media a differentiated, less capable product. And
that in turn may explain why I'm not in marketing.

:-)