RAD - Case Study Version 1

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Mar 26 12:32:19 EST 2006

On 26 Mar 2006, at 17:59, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> On Mar 26 2006, at 18:44, David Burgun wrote:
>
>> Ok, but you are hard coding control names which I was trying to
>> avoid. For instance If the customer didn't want the path of the
>> folder displayed anymore (e.g. there was just a choose button)
>> then all I'd have to do is to delete the field.
>

> You can hide fields, so they don't show up anymore, but receive
> messages. Check the "hide" and "show" commands as well as the
> "visible" property.

True. I could do that too, but having objects that are not visible
simply because deleting them causes an execution error isn't really
good practice IMO.

If you have cause to revisit the app a year later the chances are you
won't understand why the object is there and waste time tying to
figure it out!

All the Best
Dave