Save stacks periodically to avoid crashes? [OT]

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Sat Mar 25 20:58:01 EST 2006

Jim,

You need to tell your friend that that's ridiculous.  These programs
can't tell which data is important or when your deadline is.  It is
all zeros and ones.  Nope, it is just a simple calculation.  The user
provides the correlation inadvertently.  If the data is important,
the user will suffer more when it goes bye bye.  If the deadline is
looming, the user will be so engrosed in completing it on time, that
they will forget to save periodically.  That is why it is so
important to wipe that ability to concentrate completely on a task to
the exclusion of all else from the gene pool.

TIC
Dennis