Setting up a team...

Andy Calloway a.calloway at callowaygreen.com
Fri Mar 24 04:28:12 EST 2006

At the moment we do websites and that's it. However, we've recently been
bidding for bigger and bigger jobs that although the customer thinks "hey,
that'd be cool on a browser", I think that their users (internal that is)
would feel far happier with a client application. So, as the Tech director
of the company, it's my job to source the best method of doing these things.

Now, I got RunRev as a hobby thing. I like programming and I like the
challenge of new stuff, and this seemed a good toy to take me away from the
humdrum of office life (busman's holiday I know, but us geeks are like
that). However while I'm sat in a meeting the other day listening to some
requirements, it hit me like a bolt that RunRev could do all and more of
what was required.

So, totally hypothetical at the moment, but let's say we decided to write
some stuff in RunRev. We've got a small dev team of three PHP programmers
and although they may find it fun, we really don't want them to take their
eye off the ball. So I have a dilemma. Do I go looking for a RunRev
programmer, do I freelance our requirements or do I take someone on and
train them in the art of Transcript?

Open discussion really, what would you do?

Andy.