Terrible RunRev Bug? - Was Weirdness Passing Messages

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 23 11:39:33 EST 2006

Hi,

The problem in a nutshell is that:

put "xxxxx" into me

or

set the text of me to "xxxxx"

Does not work 100% of the time. Mark Smith has reproduced the same
problem.

The following seems to work:

set the text of the long name of me to "xxxxx"

or

local myData
put "xxxxx" into myData
do "put myData into " & the long name of me

Seems to work ok. But before I trawl thru loads of objects in loads
of stacks replacing.

put <something> into me with set the text of the long name of me to
<something>

and (presumably?)

put me into myData with put the text of the long name of me into myData

It would be nice to know if this would 100% solve the problem
regardless of where the handler is called from.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave