Weirdness Passing Messages

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 23 10:36:17 EST 2006

Hi Richard,

Thanks for helping. I read your post but I am not sure that this
applies in this case, mainly because I don't understand too much
about the internals of RunRev!

If you read my post "Terrible RunRev Bug? - Was Weirdness Passing
Messages" it gives a fuller description of the problem, I will
outline the basics here and hopefully you will be able to tell me if
the cause is due to what you describe below or if it's something
different.

In this case, in the handler in question, "the target" = "me" (they
are identical), also:

put "ObjectX" into me
set the text of me to "ObjectX"

Both do not work.

The only thing I have found that does work is this:

do "put myData into " & the long name of me

 From what you say below, I can understand why put x into me *may*
not work, but not why:

set the text of me to x

doesn't work either?

Also, why in the case where the handler is called from one place it
works but if called from within another Handler  it doesn't!

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave