When closed, does a substack whose destroyStack is true remains in memory ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Mar 22 17:42:43 EST 2006

On 3/22/06 6:32 AM, "André.Bisseret" <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> As far as a substack is concerned,
> from the Doc (on save, close, destroyStackŠ)
> I understand that :
> even if its destroyStack property is set to true,
> If I save and close this substack while the main stack remains opened,
> then this substack remains in memory.

Yes, this is true - actually when you loaded the mainstack, all of its
substacks get loaded into memory automatically and can't be purged until the
mainstack itself is closed.

> P.S. : by the way, is it a means to check if a closed stack (or
> substack) is still in memory ?

Well, as I mentioned above, closed substacks are still in memory if the
mainstack is, so you could check for the mainstack in "the windows" or in
"the stacks" to see if it is in memory.

You can also use "the mainstacks" to get a list of stacks that are in
memory.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/