Weirdness Passing Messages

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Mar 22 14:14:51 EST 2006

Hi,

function ListenForMessages theMessageID,theHanlderLocation

Adds to an Array (stored in a GlobalProperty of StackUtil) as so:

MessageArray[theMessageID] =  theHanlderLocation

If theMessageID is already in the Array and the Location is not
already in the data part of the array, then it is appended, so the
array looks like this:

    Key                      Data
"MessageX"          ObjectX of Card 2 of Stack "StackMain",ObjectY of
Card 2 of Stack ""StackMain"

and is called like so:

ListenForMessages("MessageX",the long name of me)

function PutMessage theMessageID

Looks up theMessageID in the Array built in ListenForMessages and
calls (via a "send" statement) the handler with the name theMessageID
at the location(s) specified in the data part of the array.

As I said the Message handling functions seem to work fine in
general, but not when PutMessage() is called from within a message
handler OR when called from a different card that the one that called
the initial message. Not sure which!

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave