Progress Made?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 03:34:04 EST 2006

I'm sorry for Arthur Urban and his experience of "perpetual crashing
on WinXP", and I'm glad to see Jacqueline's statement that the
problem has been acknowledged and is being fixed. I just want to
confirm that this doesn't affect everyone: at present I am switching
an app I'm developing between OSX and and WinXP machine many times
each day, with both machines running RR2.7.0, and for me both are
entirely stable. Incidentally I also find that I don't have to zip
my .rev files to swap them between machines (I use an external server
for both archiving and swapping), which I believe is contrary to some
other people's experience.

For me it would be interesting to find out what are the exact
circumstances causing these crashes, just in case I suddenly create
them by accident. But it certainly ain't a universal problem.

Graham