Tabstops

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:12:07 EST 2006

On 3/22/06, Robert Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:
> Wow thanks Sarah that is huge! I didn't see that anywhere in the docs
> but I probably didn't look closely enough.
>
> But no I have an odd thing happenning. I can only set columns widths
> up to 120. Anything over is interpreted as width-120 so that if I set
> the width to 125 I get a column 5 pixels wide. Odd huh? There is
> probably a max width for the columns property I need to set. I will
> dig around. I am going to have to get used to that again.

The tabstops are a cumulative number representing the pixels from the
left of the field for each stop. If you set them to "120,125" the
first column will be 120 pixels wide and all other columns will be 5
pixels wide.

I recommend Frederic Rinaldi's revTabRuler plugin which now comes as
one the the standard plugins in your Rev installation. It allows you
to set tabStops graphically by dragging  them along in his palette. I
wrote an article about it some time ago for revJournal
<http://www.revjournal.com/features/tabruler.html>. Just ignore the
installation instructions as it should already be in the plugins menu.

Cheers,
Sarah