Acessing button scripts in a HC stack ?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:03:20 EST 2006

>  From a Rev 2.6.1 stack, I want to open a HC stack (at the
> same time), examine it visually, type a name into a field in
> the Rev stack which corresponds to a button that I see in
> the HC stack. Then I want to hit a button in the Rev stack
> which picks up the script from that button in the HC stack,
> and returns it to the Rev stack where I can play with it, using
> a Rev script.

Thanks for explaining further, now I hope I understand and I think I
have the solution :-)

When you open a HyperCard stack in Rev, the property called
"HCaddressing" is set to true. This means that cards & fields are
referred to as "card fields", "bg fields", "card buttons" & "bg
buttons". As in HyperCard, the default is for fields to be background
fields and buttons to be card buttons.

If you are just trying to access them using "field" or "button", it
will work for some but not for all. Your importer script needs to work
out whether the object is a card or background object and address it
accordingly.

Regards,
Sarah