DRM for Images and Text in Stacks

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Mar 21 14:48:54 EST 2006

Recently, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> I think this comes close to making the images at least some  what
> obscurely stored.
>
> --create a substack
> --import images into custom props as jpegs,
> --One could put these props in something a "available" as a card
> property or something very obscure, like a transparent invisible
> graphic.
> --set the uStuff1 of btn "obscureObject" to (url ("binfile:/somePath/
> foo.jpg"))
> --scripts then can call the images for display:
> put the uStuff of btn "obscureObject" into img "DisplayImageNow"
> -- then encrypt the stack with a password. (all this does is prevent
> another developer from seeing the scripts that display the custom prop)

One thing you might want to consider is putting the image data into fields
as opposed to custom properties, the reason being that field contents are
encrypted along with the rest of the stack data when a stack is password
protected, while custom props are not.  You can still display images from
the fields' contents, and the fields themselves cannot be cut and pasted.

I don't know who you audience is but I would guess the likelihood of your
users owning a copy of Rev is lower than folks' ability to snoop around file
contents.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director