[?] Mac Classic, 2.6.1, MySQL

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 12:33:18 EST 2006

Sean,
Permit me an "off the wall" question...
Do you REALLY need to support OS 9?
Any computer Apple has made since 1998 (8 years!) will run some flavor
of OS X (although they probably need more RAM). The time and effort you
would put into supporting OS 9 could be invested in making your OS X
product even better - giving your customers another reason to make the
move. OS 9 is dead, or at least dying, first there were new computers
that would not boot into 9, then there were new computers that wouldn't
run 9; as used and reburb computers run out there will be no OS 9
options for your customers.
We had originally intended to port our HC business system to Rev in OS
9 and OS X. Then we decided that the customers running OS 9 had a good
business system they could continue to use (our current HC one). New
customers and all current customers moving to OS X would not care about
OS 9 compatibility.
Your situation may be different.
Just a thought.
Paul Looney