Arrays as custom properties?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Mar 19 18:27:29 EST 2006

actually, I use arrays of arrays all the time:

make a text list like this:

key1    <tab>    DATA1  <tab>  etc/
key2    <tab>    DATA2   <tab>  etc/
key3    <tab>    DATA3   <tab>  etc/

set the CustomPropSetName[customPropertyName] of this stack to <textList>

each <textlist> property could be made into an array variable for
easier use.. from a single custom property. Or you might need lists
of lists...

The key is to keep each record of data on one line. Use
URLENCODE/URLDECODE for text or htmltext to flatten big blocks of
text with paragraphs and styles.

if the data consists only of numbers, there could be comma delimited
lists inside of the tab delimited lists... yikes!

then there's quotes....

even a single comma delimited list inside a single property can be
defined as an array inside of an array...

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o