Arrays as custom properties?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Mar 19 01:38:39 EST 2006

 > I already have a number of arrays stored in global variables and
 > want to store each complete array as a custom property of the
 > group. I realise I could repeat through the structure of the
 > array and transfer each array element to a corresponding element
 > in the group's custom property, but hoped to be able to "plonk"
 > the array into the custom property.

Array elements are distinct entities, equating to individual custom
properties.  You can, however, set all of the members of a custom
property set to an array, and you can have any number of custom property
sets in each object.

See the Transcript dictionary entry for the customProperties property
for more....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal