switch

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 23:24:56 EST 2006

Many on the list use the aforementioned naming convention.
This is especially important in groups, like Fourth World.

Ahh, but I am stuck in the past and my ways... thus.....
I prefer not to use this style, so my offerings will have a different look.
I do use the gGlobalName convention.
Also, every list of lines I use is whateverList
array is whateverArr

When I create a path name to refer to files or servers I use "pathh" because
in VB 'path' is a reserved word, in which I also do programming
then pathhFN is the (path name + file name)
and fpathhFN is the ("file:" +path name + file name)
so that I can do the following:

put the defaultfolder into pathh
if the last char of pathh is not "/" then put "/" after pathh

put the files into fileList
put line 1 of the fileList into FN
if ".txt" is in FN then put pathh & FN into pathhFN

put "file:"&pathhFN into fpathhFN

put "Mary had a lamb" into url fpathhFN

answer folder "Choose the folder please"
put it into pathh
if the last char of pathh is not "/" then put "/" after pathh
put "file:"&pathh into fpathh
put the detailed files into fileList
put empty into appendedContents
repeat for each line LNN in fileList
   if LNN contains ".txt" then
       --write the directory and file name to a variable
      put cr & cr & pathh & ",  " & LNN) & " ------" after appendedContents
       --now write the contents of the file on the next lines
      put cr & url (fpathh&LNN) after appendedContents
   end if
end repeat
--now write a new file that is appendedContents
put appendedContents into url (fpathh&"appndMalarky.txt")

Lots of fun, and lots of choices.  And it's Saturday night :-)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas