Draw spokes on a wheel

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Fri Mar 17 23:01:48 EST 2006

On Mar 17, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Dick Kriesel wrote:

> On 3/17/06 2:24 PM, "Mark Talluto" <userev at canelasoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> One things is for sure, I owe each of you a drink of your choice
>> at the RevCon
>> in Monterey this year.
>
> With positive reinforcement like that, I'll do even better:
>
> on mouseUp
>   drawAstig 50,200,225,2
> end mouseUp
>
> on drawAstig
> pSpokeRadiusInner,pSpokeRadiusOuter,pLabelRadius,pLineSize
>   go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/StopTurtles.rev"
>   start using stack "stopTurtles" -- note: thanks, Jim Hurley
>   create stack
>   set the width of it to 600
>   set the height of it to 600
>   go to it
>   lock screen
>   set the textSize of the templateField to 16
>   set the margins of the templateField to 1,7,0,0
>   startTurtle
>   setH 75 -- note: set heading
>   repeat with i = 1 to 24
>     penUp
>     forward pSpokeRadiusInner
>     penDown
>     forward pSpokeRadiusOuter - pSpokeRadiusInner
>     penUp
>     if i mod 2 = 0 then
>       forward pLabelRadius - pSpokeRadiusOuter
>       label i div 2
>       set the width of last field to the formattedWidth of last field
>       set the height of last field to the formattedHeight of last
> field
>       back pLabelRadius
>     else
>       back pSpokeRadiusOuter
>     end if
>     right 15
>   end repeat
>   stopTurtle
>   set the lineSize of last graphic to pLineSize
>   unlock screen
> end drawAstig
>
> RevConWest is sounding better and better...

I hope this means you are coming.  Thanks for taking another stab at
this.  Looks like Jim Hurley's turtle graphics has gotten a hold of
you as well.    I have been playing with all the solutions and have
learned a lot from each.  Thanks again and the drink still stands!

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com