Icon for OS X compiled .app not showing :-(

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 17 00:41:09 EST 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> But after the standalone was saved, the icons I made are not being used
> at all for the .app in finder.  It's using the default icon from OS X as
> if mine didn't exist or something.

As you know now, Mark's suggestion works. So does zipping and then
unzipping the standalone, which is what I always used to do. But the
coolest trick was just posted here within the last week or so, and I
thought it was Mark Talluto's trick too (if I remember right.) Anyway,
you do a "get info" on the file, select the icon, and choose "Delete"
from the Edit menu. Bingo. I have now changed my ways.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com