How does 'Create Folder' give its result?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Mar 16 15:17:41 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 at 07:55:07 -0800,  Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net>
wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>

>> As 'create' is not a function, I don't see any other way for it to
>> return a value.
>>

> Commands can return a value in "the result."
>
> 	create folder myPath
> 	get the result
> 	if it is not empty then
> 		beep
> 		answer error it
> 	end if
>
> While not pertinent in this context, commands & functions can also
> return values via referenced parameters:

[snip]

Thanks for the reply, but my point is that the 'create folder'
function doesn't appear to me to return anything in 'the result' when
an error occurs: 'the result' just goes on being empty - but the
command does apparently generate an error text because I can see it
in the message box. So I still want to know where this text is put -
the docs don't say **anything** about what happens if this command
encounters an error. I just hope someone knows...

Of course it could be a bug in RR 2.7.0, but to show this we'd have
to know what the expected behaviour really is. BTW I've  only seen
this on Windows up to now.

Graham