Positioning the Message Box ?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 16 08:35:27 EST 2006

Hi from Paris,

I like to display information in the message box (an old Hypercard
habit !) during execution of some of my routines (Print, etc.). So I
thought I would control the position and size of the box to sit it under
my stack window. When I execute the command :

set the rect of window  "message box"   to 394,681,802,826

in the message box, it changes position and size to my requirements,
but when I put it into my script :

show message box
set the rect of window  "message box"   to 394,681,802,826

nothing happens. It sits in the standard place with the standard
size.

Am I doing something wrong, or is is the command not acceptable ?

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time"