Button Label on graphic button

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Mar 14 21:47:08 EST 2006

At 2:51 PM -0600 3/14/2006, Peter T. Evensen wrote:
>At 02:35 PM 3/14/2006, Sarah wrote:
>>On 3/15/06, Peter T. Evensen <pevensen at siboneylg.com> wrote:
>>>  Is there any way to get Rev to center a button label on a graphical
>>  > button?   It seems to only want to display it under the icon.
>>>
>>Adjust the margins of the button. Normally the margins is a single
>>number, but it can also be 4 comma-separated numbers, specifiying the
>>left, top, right & bottom margins respectively. Play around with
>>altering these and see if you can get the result you want.

>Actually I already did this.  It "work" per se, but then one winds
>up with a large empty area around the button that is clickable,
>which is kind of strange from a UI standpoint.

I'm not sure what you did, if you got a "large empty area around the
button". You leave the button at the same size - usually just large
enough to accommodate the icon - then adjust the top and bottom
margins until both icon and text are centered. (If you just increase
the bottom margin, the text moves up but so does the icon, so you
also need to increase the top margin to move the icon back down.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com