[Slightly OT] Amazon's New Storage Plan - Someone Do a Rev Interface?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 15 13:17:45 EST 2006

Andre-

> it still required HMAC/SHA1 authentication which I think our current
> implementation of encrypt can't generate...

Yes, but my point was being amazed at finding BitTorrent here...

This is important for a couple of reasons: first of all, it's a cool
mechanism for allowing distributed access to files and still limiting
bandwidth consumption; and secondly because Amazon's support of
BitTorrent adds legitimacy to peer-to-peer distribution and places
them directly in opposition to the MPAA.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net