QTVRs (was: Rev on Intel iMacs)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Mar 14 11:12:54 EST 2006

On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:34 AM, Ian Wood wrote:

> Bingo! Thanks Trevor. Although I did notice some odd effects with
> resting CPU-usage with different idleRates:
> 16 or lower - 90-100%
> 17 - 4-8%
> 18-19 - 9-12%
> 20 - 30%
> over 20 it ramps down again

Yeah, you usually don't want to have the idle rate low like that.
What happens is that QuickTime reports that certain media types need
to be idled as often as possible (QTVR, AXEL component, etc.).  Right
now Rev idles (updates) these movies at the idleRate.  This isn't
fast enough for QTVR though.  I would leave the idleRate alone for
now and just wait for 2.7.1.  Playing with the value is just to show
that there isn't any major problem with QTVR, just that it isn't
being idled enough.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - http://www.bluemangolearning.com