copy from a locked, focusable fld under Windows

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Mon Mar 13 05:53:10 EST 2006

Thanks a lot to Jonathan, Wilhelm, Jim and Chipp for their very useful
ideas and solutions.

I confirm that here (G4, OSX, 10.2.8 -RR 2.6.1) neither "command c" nor
"command C" is working (; but as Wilhelm said "Copy text" from Edit
menu works.
Meanwhile, "command v" as well as "command V" works.

The following handler works on Mac, keeping the html form :

on copySelection
   if the selection is empty then   -- there is no selection then
    answer "No selected text"
    exit copySelection
  else
    copy the selectedText
    answer "The selected text is in the clipboard"
    end if
end copier

In order to try on Windows, I made another button, and I intercepted
"command c"  using the handler of Jonathan (below).

Nevertheless, I needed to replace  the line "if the selectedfield <>
empty then" by "if the selection is empty then" (or "if the
selectedText is empty" as well).
The reason is that a single click in the field (without any text
selected) is setting "the selectedfield <> empty" to true (so that it
is reporting "The selected text is in the clipboard" and then copying
nothing).

I have not had the opportunity to test that on Windows yet.
I will inform you about the results as soon as I would have done it :-)

Best regards from Grenoble
André