Problem getting the text of an object on another stack and card

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Sun Mar 12 21:11:28 EST 2006

Rev 2.6.1

Greetings,

I can get the name of the stack, list the cards of that stack, and list
the objects of the card(s).  But when I try to apply code for getting
the text of one of the objects I get the following error:

compiling at 5:48:47 PM
Type	Commands: missing ','
Object	ObjectsList
Line	put the text of varTempObject of card varTempCard of stack
varTempStack into varTempResult
Hint	into

The line of code is this:

put the text of varTempObject of card varTempCard of stack varTempStack
into varTempResult

varTempStack holds the name of the stack, varTempCard holds the name of
the card.  varTempObject holds the type and name of the object, such as:

button "Button1"

So the line of the code in question would look like this:

put the text of button "Button1" of card "MainCard" of stack "MainStack"
into varTempResult

And I don't understand the error at all.  I am not aware of having to
add any comma in this situation.

Does anyone understand this?  Or can someone tell me if I am coding this
wrong?

Thanks,
-Garrett